Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pleased to Meet You

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just wanted to take an opportunity to welcome you to this blog, and to introduce myself! This blog was created in correlation with The Girl Inside website.

My name is Beverly, and I have been married for 2 years and nine months (and counting!) My husband and I have a daughter who is almost ten months old as I write this. As a young woman, I was privileged to have many good examples of what a godly woman should be. I have a sister who is in her teen years, and also have the joy of knowing many others in this age category. I see how difficult it is to strive for holiness in our modern times, for we are to be set apart - different from the world.

I wanted to start The Girl Inside to create an environment for Christian young ladies who want to focus on their inner beauty. The phrase "the girl inside," refers to just this. This will be a forum for all of us to discuss whatever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy. If these traits sound familiar, you may be thinking of Philippians 4:8, our theme verse for The Girl Inside.

I don't want to be the only one who posts on this blog, as there are so many who have wisdom to share. I need to learn from them as well! I hope to update this blog with tidbits and articles written by others who wish to join in this endeavor.

So, nice to meet you. I would love to hear from you! What kinds of things would you like to discuss here? May God bless you.

4 comments:

Sara said...

This site is beautiful Bev! I love it already- thank you for your encouraging words!

Beverly said...

Thanks for your encouragement too, Sara!

Bethany said...

Thank you for setting this up! I will be visiting.
Bethany

Beverly said...

Bethany, I will look forward to getting to know you better! Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see on this blog!